Haley decided it was time to get a summer haircut and finally make everything the same length as her bangs, which have been growing out FOREVER. She looked up the info on Locks of Love online and decided to be brave and cut her hair short enough to be able to donate a ponytail for a children's cancer hairpiece. The result is quite short but cute. We love it, but I did have trouble finding her in the library yesterday because I was looking for her long hair and walked right past her a couple of times.
As you can see in the background, our yard is greening up nicely. I love this time of year! The garden is growing, the chickens are getting ready to start laying, and all is right in the world. Except for seasonal allergies. This year is the first year that Haley and Megan have joined Tom in suffering through the heavy pollen season. Thank heaven for Claritin!
Sarah had her first taste of solid food yesterday. This is the longest I have waited to try feeding any of my kids. She is almost 6 1/2 months old. But maybe that is the trick, because none of the other kids liked to eat baby cereal and she was excited about it from the first bite! It was actually fun to feed her, and I can't wait for Tom to get a chance to be part of it. Right after she had her cereal, I helped her with a sippy of water and she gladly drank that too. (Really, I'm not sure if she is one of my kids if she's going to be this enthusiastic at the table!)
2 comments:
I didn't realize you had caught up quite a bit, so I made a comment for each entry in case you didn't know!! I love your backyard! It is soo green and beautiful and your daughter as well, (not the green part, just her being beautiful!) Her haircut looks great on her!!
Great job to Haley for donating her hair!! What a blessing that will be for some sweet little girl somewhere.
Did she get the invitation we dropped by today? We left it on your doorstep.
Post a Comment