Sunday, August 1, 2010
Crater Lake Vacation
Haley got her cast off on Monday, so our family was finally able to go do a bit of outdoor recreation. (Actually, we've had it planned all summer.) We went camping for 3 days at Crater Lake National Park. Tom's been there before, but it was new to the rest of us. Tom's dad came along, too.
Sarah really loved the tent. And we spent a lot of time there when we were in camp, because the mosquitos were as thick as I've ever experienced in my life thanks to a late spring!
Grandpa M with some of the kids. If you look really close you can see that Haley is wearing a heavy black walking boot to reinforce that newly healed broken leg. It shows much better below:
Here we are in front of the Pinnacles, which look like giant termite mounds in the side of the hill. We had a great time, except for some griping about mosquito bites. (Yes, I complained loudest. I thought I got the most bites, but now that we're home I've learned that Danny has me beat. Mine swelled up the biggest, though.) Haley even managed to hike a steep 1.5 mile trail down to the lake to take a boat ride. Jeff thought he would die coming back up the hill, but then he did great! All the kids earned their junior ranger patches and are excited to go to more national parks and start a patch collection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh man, that looks like fun! Glad the mosquitoes didn't suck y'all dry. :)
In the first picture are you hiding from the mosquitos???? It looks like a beautiful place to camp, but I must say I would probably have complained right there with you!! For some reason, they love my blood!! Out here in Virginia, I've been attacked every day, and Roger says that he hasn't even seen one yet!! I heard that deoderant helps with the itching!!!
Post a Comment