Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall is a time for new beginnings










I think that the calendar year starts on the wrong month. January is great, but if you have kids in school the real beginning of the year is in September, when the kids head back and life settles back into some sort of routine. This year I especially felt chaotic during the summer months and was happy to set some "new year's resolutions" involving better attention to my housework, more one-on-one time with my kids, etc. Hopefully I can even keep up with my blog on a more regular basis.

The pictures I have included are from our last family trip before school, on Labor Day Weekend. We went out to the coast and spent part of a day in Newport. The sea lions there have taken over part of the pier and are very loud and fun to watch. Then we headed to South Beach for fun in the sand and waves.

















































3 comments:

Charlene said...

I love seeing pictures of where you visit and live. Roger and I have always wanted to take a trip to Oregon and I think this will be the only way to see Oregon now that we are in VA!!

Kris and Sam said...

Yeah for more blog posts from you! We love seeing the pictures too. I think that we should cut out all of that unnecessary land between here and there and thus live closer together. That would be fun. :) Tell Haley that I have been crazy with the start of school, but I'll have a letter in the mail before the weekend is out.

Mills Family said...

I am so glad you updated! It would be fun to meet you over at the coast sometime - now that it is "closer" for us too!