Saturday, May 28, 2011
I am wonderful!
I ran my first 5K race today. There will be no photos; it wasn't pretty. My time was 38:31 and I think I was the last 5K runner to cross the finish line. Okay, maybe a couple of really overweight ladies were behind me too. But I didn't let any of the walkers beat me. And I fulfilled a goal that I set at the beginning of the year. Tom and the kids were there to watch and cheer me across the finish line. (Megan says it was truly boring; they couldn't even see the runners.) I found out that it is possible for me to bawl while running. Tomorrow I may not be able to walk. But today I am awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are awesome, Melissa. Way to go! Hope you aren't too sore tomorrow. :)
You are wonderful! I'm impressed! :)
So impressed. Not something I can say I have ever wanted to do. Way to be!
Way to go, Melissa. You didn't even look like you were limping today. :) I love the feeling of finishing a race!
Way to go!! I'm so proud of you for achieving your goal!!!
I just read this and it made me smile
Post a Comment